Meeting people right where they are.
Contact Ann Pearson, Ph.D, 928-1148 or for more information on any of these service areas or for the opportunity for YOU to be a part of this compassionate ministry.
- Nurture & Care
- Outreach Ministries
- Stephen Ministry
- Survivors of Suicide Grief Support
- Seeking Peace
- Tough Dogs Cancer Support
- Divorce Care: Moving Forward
- Caregivers Support
Other Ministry Areas Involved through Caring Ministries:
- Weekly Christian Book Study
- Bereavement Food Ministry
- Visitation - Nursing Homes and Hospitals
- Community Seminars
- Chemo Care Bags Assimilation
- Knit or Crochet for a Purpose
- Homebound Communion
- Food Ministries: MOW (Manna on Wheels) & Bread of Life
- Fellowship Ministries: Young at Heart, Merry Methodist
- Phone Ministry for Birthday & Anniversaries
- Note writing ministry: Homebound, Nursing & Assisted Living Facilities, Soldiers Ministry, Shepherding the Flock
- One on One Counseling
Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
MOW - Manna On Wheels
Do You Have A Heart for Cooking?
Then YOU are the ONE we need with this new ministry
"Manna on Wheels" (MOW for Body and Soul).
This ministry was born out of a love and passion for others. A conversation among members in our church began in the Wesley Hall Kitchen in April. Ideas were discussed on how we can care for members who are unable to attend worship and other activities. The suggestion was made to provide these individuals meals twice a month as well as offer home bound communion. We will cook and deliver meals on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month.
If you would like to volunteer to cook, deliver meals or serve homebound communion, contact the church office at 928-1148.
The Lord's Pantry
The Lord's Pantry is a food pantry at Fairhope United Methodist Church. We provide food to those in need on an emergency basis. As a result of present economic conditions, we are experiencing an increase in the number of persons requiring assistance in obtaining basic food items. Therefore, we are appealing to the generosity of our church to help us provide the food needs to those who are struggling to make ends meet.
The items listed below are suggested for donation:
- Complete boxed dinners
- Boxed rice
- Rice (1 pound bags)
- Dried beans, peas
- Canned goods:
- Meats (Spam, tuna, salmon, Treet, chicken, ham, Vienna sausage, etc.)
- Pork & beans
- Carrots, Green vegetables, Beets, Peas (sweet, black eye, field, etc.)
- Potatoes, Yams, etc.
- Beans (green, pinto, baked), Mixed vegetables
- Pasta (Chef Boyardee type meal)
- Peanut Butter
- Pasta (spaghetti, noodles, macaroni, etc.)
- Pasta sauce
- Macaroni & cheese
- Jell-o, pudding mixes
- Sugar (small boxes)
- Flour (small boxes or bags)
- Grits, Oatmeal
- Jiffy mixes
- Condiments (salt, pepper, spices, etc.)
- Coffee, Tea, dry lemonade mix, dry fruit drink mix
- Baby Diapers
- Soap, shampoo, toiletry items
- Dish & laundry soap
These are suggested items. This is not a complete list of acceptable items but only a guide.
Please do not provide:
Mayonnaise, bakery products, fresh dairy products, eggs, custards, puddings, and other perishable goods.
Please bring items to the Wesley Hall kitchen. Thank you!
Young at Heart
An enjoyable activity in Fairhope UMC is the Young at Heart Luncheon for Senior Adults. Young at Heart meets in the CLC Fellowship Hall each FOURTH Wednesday at 11:45 a.m. The delicious meal comes from the kitchens of some of the best cooks in town, followed by a program of interest, interspersed with good conversation around the tables. A cordial invitation to attend Young at Heart is extended to all who may be interested. No reservations are needed.
Bring a covered dish and come. You will be glad you did!!!
For more information contact the church office @ 928-1148.